No one enjoys getting a cavity or having a toothache. It is important for you to take care of your teeth so you can avoid any unwanted pain and treatments. At Cigno Dental Care, Dr. Cigno, D. Al-Kassab, and Dr. Musto are dedicated to providing high-quality preventive dental care to help keep your dental health high and your worries low. To do this, our dentists provide the following preventive services:
- Cone Beam 3D Imaging
- Dental Exams & Cleanings
- Digital X-Rays
- Intraoral Camera
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Teeth for Life
For more information about preventive dentistry in St. Louis, Missouri, please contact our office at 314-450-7074.
The goal of preventive care is to protect your smile from damage caused by:
- Tooth decay
- Periodontal disease (gum disease)
- And other damaging dental conditions
Preventive dentistry works to prevent these diseases before they cause damage that requires repair. We offer a number of preventive dental treatments to help you keep your smile in the best possible health. These services include dental sealants and dental cleanings; visiting our office regularly ensures that we detect and treat any early signs of damage before they become more extensive and painful.
There are several steps you can take to prevent cavities and tooth decay. Our dentist recommends that you follow these guidelines to help minimize your chances for developing cavities:
- Brush and floss your teeth every day. You should brush at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Maintain a balanced, healthy diet with a limited amount of very sugary or acidic foods.
- Visit our office at least twice a year for a routine teeth cleaning and dental exam.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants and fluoride treatment to see if they are right for your smile.
To learn more about preventive care, we invite you to call or visit us today!